Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center
1021 W. Cherry Street, Piggott, AR 72454
Arkansas State University
This Agreement, made and entered into this _______day of __________, 201__, between the Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center, (Lessor), and_________________________________(Lessee), whose address is_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Phone:_______________Cell Phone: ________________Fax:___________________email:________________________
Available Monday – Friday, 3:30 – 8:00 p.m.; Saturday 8 – 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 – 8:00 p.m., includes all lawn and paved areas of the House and Barn Studio. Suitable for small groups or a maximum of 200 guests for a reception, breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Outdoor areas have indirect lighting, and electrical outlets. The House has a microwave, refrigerator, sink and work space available in the basement, accessible through the cellar door. The former pump house is remodeled as the handicapped accessible restroom.
1. Premises. The Lessor does hereby lease to the Lessee the outdoor areas of the Pfeiffer-Janes House and Hemingway Barn Studio for $60 per hour plus amenities, minimum of 3 hours, for the sole purpose of ___________________________________________________. Number of guests expected _______.
2. Rental Term. The term of the Lease is ____ __a.m./p.m. to _______a.m./p.m. on _____________
the ________ day of ________________, 201___.
_______ hours x $60 per hour charge = Rental Cost: $ __________
3. Caterer:___________________________________________Phone:______________ Cell Phone:_________________ Caterer will arrive at: ______________a.m./p.m
4. Custody of Property. In the receipt or custody of property of any kind delivered to the premises by or for Lessee, the Lessor nor any of its employees shall be liable for any loss or damage to such property. The Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center will not receive or provide custody for Lessee’s property prior to the day of the Lease Agreement unless an advance agreement has been made.
5. Right to Inspect. The Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center shall at all times be under the control of Lessor and shall have the right at all times to enter the premises to perform Lessor’s duties.
6. Property Restrictions. Lessee shall not use or permit the premises to be used for any purpose other than that agreed upon. Lessee further agrees:
a. to abide by the Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center Rental Policies;
b. to keep doorways, walkways, lifts and stairways free and clear of obstructions;
c. not to permit anything to be done which may interfere with free access and passage within the facilities or adjoining public areas, streets and sidewalks;
d. not to drive or permit others to drive nails, hooks, tacks or screws into any part of the premises or to apply tape or other materials;
e. not to use torch lights, flammable tissue paper, crepe paper or material for decorative purposes or any combustible liquid or substance unless the same has first been approved by the Director or Assistant Director.
f. to be liable for any damages to premises, furnishings, amenities or grounds.
7. Museum Tour. The museum staff will arrange a guided tour of the Pfeiffer-Janes House and the Hemingway Barn Studio at _________ a.m./p.m. ______ at $5 each = Tour Cost: $___________
or ______ no tour at this time.
Pfeiffer-Janes House and Hemingway Barn Studio Outdoor Areas
Decorations: _____________ (Reimbursable receipts attached)
Set-up: _____________ ( ____persons at $20/hr)
Clean-up _____________ ( ____ persons at $20/hr)
Decorating _____________ ( ____ persons at $30/hr)
Balance Due: _____________ Received on: ____________________________ Check # ________________
(Due 1 week before the event.)
Refundable $100 Reservation/Clean-up Fee received on: _______________________Check # ____________
(Refundable if canceled 1 week before date of event or with approved clean-up after event.)
Additional hours cost _______________ ( ______hours at $60 =$_________)
$100 Reservation/Clean-up Fee refunded to: _________________________________ Date: _____________________
Lessee agrees to pay the Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center (Lessor) for damage to grounds or facilities and for any missing or damaged amenities that occur as a result of rental by Lessee. Lessee will receive written notification of damage or loss and an invoice within 10 days of the event and will pay the invoice within 30 days of the event.
Accepted this ______day of _______________, 201__
By HEMINGWAY-PFEIFFER MUSEUM & EDUCATIONAL CENTER (LESSOR)
Download the form here. Pfeiffer Rental Agreement