Educational Center Rental Agreement
Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center
1021 W. Cherry Street, Piggott, AR 72454
Arkansas State University
This Agreement, made and entered into this _______day of __________, 201___, between the Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center, (Lessor),and________________________________________(Lessee), whose address is_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Phone:_________________Cell Phone: ____________________ Fax:_______________ email:__________________________
Available Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., the Educational Center has two restrooms, a modern kitchen with a stove, refrigerator, microwave and a 10 cup coffee pot. Conference Room is set with three 8’ tables, one 60” half-round table and 24 padded chairs. Covered patio-carport area with ceiling fans can be set for a luncheon area.
1. Premises. The Lessor does hereby lease to the Lessee those premises generally known as Educational Center at
$50 per hour plus amenities and other expenses for a minimum of 2 hours. Standard set up is included in the rental fee.
Number of guests expected _______.
For the sole purpose of: _______________________________________________________________________.
2. Rental Term. The term of the Lease is _________a.m./p. m. to _________a.m./p.m. on ______________________
the ________ day of _________________________, 201___.
________ Hours at $50 per hour = Rental Cost: $_________
3. Catering. Lessee will provide. Museum staff will arrange:
Break – $4 per guest: _____ guests at _____a.m., Menu ____________________ = $_______
and _____ guests at _____p.m., Menu ____________________ = $_______
Lunch – _____ per guest: _____ guests at _____a.m./p.m. = $_______
Catering Cost: $________________
4. Custody of Property. In the receipt or custody of property of any kind delivered to the premises by or for Lessee, the Lessor nor any of its employees shall be liable for any loss or damage to such property. The Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center will not receive or provide custody for Lessee’s property prior to the day of the Lease Agreement unless an advance agreement has been made.
5. Right to Inspect. The Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center shall at all times be under the control of Lessor and shall have the right at all times to enter the premises to perform Lessor’s duties.
6. Property Restrictions. Lessee shall not use or permit the premises to be used for any purpose other than that agreed upon.
Lessee further agrees:
a. to abide by the Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center Rental Policies;
b. to keep doorways, walkways, lifts and stairways free and clear of obstructions;
c. not to permit anything to be done which may interfere with free access and passage within the facilities or adjoining public areas, streets and sidewalks;
d. not to drive or permit others to drive nails, hooks, tacks or screws into any part of the premises or to apply tape or other materials;
e. not to use flammable tissue paper, crepe paper, or material for decorative purposes or any combustible liquid or substance unless the same has first been approved by the Director or Assistant Director of the Museum and Educational Center.
f. to be liable for any damages to premises, furnishings, amenities or grounds.
7. Museum Tour. The museum staff will arrange a guided tour of the Pfeiffer-Janes House and the Hemingway Barn Studio at _________ a.m./p.m. _____ at $5 per guest = Tour Cost: $________ or ______ no tour at this time.
Event Date: ________________________________________
Decorations: ____________ (Reimbursable receipts attached)
Set-up: ____________ ( ____persons at $20/hr)
Clean-up: ____________ ( ____ persons at $20/hr)
Decorating: ____________ ( ____ persons at $30/hr)
Balance Due: ____________ Received on: ______________________ Check # _________________
(Due1week before the event.)
Refundable $100 Reservation/Clean-up Fee received on: _______________Check # ____________
(Refundable if canceled 1 week before date of event.)
Additional hours cost: _______________ (______hours at $ ___ = $_________)
$100 Reservation/Clean-up Fee refunded to: ________________________ Date: _______________
Lessee agrees to pay the Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center (Lessor) for damage to grounds or facilities and for any missing or damaged amenities that occur as a result of rental by Lessee. Lessee will receive written notification of damage or loss and an invoice within 10 days of the event and will pay the invoice within 30 days of the event.
Accepted this ______day of _______________, 201__
By HEMINGWAY-PFEIFFER MUSEUM & EDUCATIONAL CENTER (LESSOR)
Download a .pdf of the agreement here. Educational Center Rental Agreement